rss
twitter
    http://twitter.com/whateverria

Globe Run For Home 10k 07192009

I got up especially early for this. Hmp. What's so special about this race that I had to make the effort, in addition to registering in a Globe Business Center (Step 1) and picking up the race pack 2 days before the race...in a different city (Step 2).

Still wanting to sleep, i dragged myself to the starting line at 5am to send off Charles and Roy, then sat around and waited for my brain to wake up. Saw Tuesday during that interval, one of my Taekwondo friends, who jolted me up with a little good morning chit chat (taekwondo friends are making the move to less stressful sports, you see).

And then off I went for another fort-buendia 10k race at 5:45, prompt and exact. Nice. It's pretty much the same as the other fort b races I've joined, except for the fact that (1) I was using a Champion Chip (2) there were lots of water and sports drinks going around (3) there were some km markers along the way. Wow, well prepared I must say.

There were a lot of high profile persons running with us: the big bosses of Ayala, some society figures (Rai, I think I saw idol Ms. M.P.!) and Rovilson (hehe) who inspired me for some kilometers before I had to slow my pace down. Saw Raya again while I was near the u-turn (another taekwondo colleague veering away, hehe). I realized that big races like this one is also a chance to show off your popularity. This person I'm at pace with was greeted by at least 10 people. He should get 10 seconds off his time as a bonus.

Finishing the course (Step 3), I was extremely exhausted. It was not a good feeling, realizing how out of shape I was. I started to blame lawschool and the lack of training time but after some thinking, I realized I did slash off 5 minutes from my last fort-buendia 10k. OA lang ako. Hehe. So from then I was feeling giddy again (or the endorphins' effect was just delayed because of hunger).

Flyers say that the results will be out on Thursday and will be posted in Globe's website (Step 4). A little long for a wait, but I don't mind. I'm interested though on the "analysis" which comes with the Champion Chip.

So, was it worth all the effort doing all those steps? The press release answer to that is "Yes, because it was for a cause. I helped build a home." Smile smile smile. :D But kidding aside, the race was well organized and ran smoothly despite the size of the crowd. However, it would be better if the race wasn't that pa-VIP expecting people to take time off for more than once, as for the Champion Chips, we have yet to see its premium until the results and analysis.

0 comments:

Post a Comment