rss
twitter
    http://twitter.com/whateverria

Century Superbods Run 2010: The Forbidden Fruit

After Condura, I was left with only 9 toenails and an aching shin. But my body is used to battery (hello, 8 years of taekwondo) so i recovered quick. With a newborn toenail (hehe!) and an all better leg, the Sunday before Century Superbods was just perfect for my first long run post-Condura. 

...Oops...spoke too soon. After 12k, my inner ankle and shin was hurting a bit. Then on the next training run, I had to stop at 5k because the pain was getting worse. Uh-oh!

So basically, the Century Superbods Run was my forbidden fruit, not only because of the...umm...eye candies prancing around, but because I obviously needed to rest my feet.
Next Superbods run, bring rice for the ulam.

The original plan was to join the 10k even while wearing the yellow bib, but pride took over me and joined the 21k instead and just walk the rest when the pain becomes alarming. I promised to take my time. ...but then again, no flyover or skyway here...Hmmm. 

An hour or so later, there goes the 10k mark...That was the first time I asked myself why I was still running.

At 16k, it was still uneventful and the pain was still tolerable, at a level of discomfort merely. 

Fast forward to 18k. Maybe the reason why I couldn't remember anything eventful before this point is because the pain had started to become so terrible that it overwrote on all the good stuff which happened before. "OMFG. WHY DID I F***ING RUN TODAY? MY ANKLE WILL FALL OFF ANY TIME SOON." But, with 3k to go, who's pride could endure a DNF? And a look at the watch told me I can make a pr if I didn't walk. Pride: Nakamamatay.

Crossing the finish line at 2:37, it was a pr indeed. Still pathetic time though hehe. But the funny part comes: the ankle was now swelling and I had to seek medical help. Ice it at least. Oops, medic didn't have ice. great. And I had to spend 30 minutes lining up before I can really rest my legs. Oh well, Derek Ramsey and the yummy food made up for it. :)

I saw Grace, my taekwondo bud for the first time in months while I was limping along.


Thereafter, I was prescribed physical therapy for 3 weeks (at least). Obviously, no running for a while. I feel pain even just walking around at school and while doing the flexing exercises during PT. For now, I'd have to settle for swimming (hmm, I smell an aquathlon/sprint). Next week, I will have a sports taping tutorial. yey...hehe.

As a final note, I impart this wisdom: stay away from the forbidden fruit in whatever form.

1 comments:

visio2010sale said...

Applying Microsoft visio 2010 download Workplace Visio 2010, by way of a selection of chart.By using the Office Visio2010 chart is Microsoft visio 2010 related on the main information to provide a more complete picture, therefore the chart cleverer, more handy. Today, new features and also changes at work Visio 2010 help make building Visio diagrams Visio 2010 download much more uncomplicated, speedy, it can be better. Visio 2010

Post a Comment