rss
twitter
    http://twitter.com/whateverria

Ran a 10k at Botak Paa-Tibayan 5.10.2009

I have not much to say about this except that it was a lesson learned not to run while recovering from a flu. I am too lazy to recount the whole experience but to say it in one quick sentence, dehydration was scary and was torture to the abdomen (cramps, aka side stitches). It was rather wise that I stopped moving for a while and gulped down maybe half of the supply in one water station. I later learned that some people were not able to get water, so maybe it was partly my fault. Hahaha. I even felt the water sloshing in my stomach going back. Fortunately, there are is not a single photograph of that unglamorous moment. :D



Road Test. During this race, I was able to road test the running mix i just made. It was a good combination of songs, kept me going especially in the last part of the run. As the playlist was just a little under 1: 30, I panicked when it came to the last songs and sped up. Fortunately my run ended before my mix did. I have a new powersong: Led Zeppelin's Kashmir. I know, I'm so cool.

Semi-reunion. Road races are becoming sites to meeting long lost taekwondo friends. Spotted the ultimate sporty De Los Reyes Family at their booth (Autoreview).



Mrs. Kim. Charles was still in race mode driving back and didn't even realize he drove into the honda civic's bumper he was tailing. Just a small scratch, but the catch was the driver--Mrs. Kim, the Chinese foreigner with no tagalog and little english. Cool! No one was harmed except Roy who suffered a "nosebleed".



Well, that's all I have to say for this semi-adventure. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment