rss
twitter
    http://twitter.com/whateverria

No-race September Sundays and delayed road test reports

It's official. I was not able to register for any race this September. It was out of negligence actually, I was hoping for New Balance but out of character I waited for this week, only to find out that it was already closed. Ok, it was kind of not meant to be.

Nonetheless, I'm happy that i'm still able to catch up on kilometers in between tasks. Next on the agenda is to catch up on sleep too.

---

A delayed review on some recently procured gear mostly used in last month's UP Law Tri:

(1) CW-X Tri-Shorts

This brand is very popular among runners, now that it became available in Runnr (Bonifacio High Street, Fort). Its hottest product are the running tights which come in variation depending on your preferred support area.

Cw-x technology incorporates kinesio-taping techniques which is why aside from having compression properties, it also has support properties for specific target areas. The tri-shorts particularly has support for lower abs, lower back, quads and hip flexors, and aside from that it has integrated padding (for the bike part). These features made it a little heavy after the swim part, it retained more water than expected for tri-shorts. But then again, that is the trade-off for added support and if you're that focused, you won't notice it much.

(2) Zoot TRIfit Racerback

"Born in Kona" as it advertises, Zoot apparel are specifically made for triathletes to eliminate the need for changing and/or adding other garments during transition. Top-and-bottom combinations are available for those who are not so keen with the one piece trisuits (for easy bathroom moments prior to and after the race...or even during). This particular top has side pockets to stash gels, bars etc. Quick dry like it promises. My mom bought for me during their US trip. I'm not so sure if it's available in local bike shops but a lot are using this brand, maybe it is.

(3) Asics Gel Cumulus 11

I'm very happy with this purchase. I alternate this shoe with my NB 1025 (which was my favorite prior to this) for 10-15k sessions. It comes in pink! It's a neutral cushioning shoe, a lighter version of Nimbus 11. Highly recommended.

(4) Yankz Bungee Lacing System

Also from mom's US trip, I don't know if this is available here. This eliminates tying shoes, whether for triathlon purposes or just out of laziness. It looks cool and very adjustable. The downside though is it's not meant to accommodate my foot pod.

0 comments:

Post a Comment